Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Preparing for FastDay

October 19, 2011

    Tomorrow starts the first day of my fast.

    I'm looking forward to it.  Yesterday I stopped at London Drugs and did a blood pressure test.  It's not very encouraging (151 over 89).  I'm looking forward to seeing what improvements the fast will have on my blood pressure, and likely will also affect my migraines.

   The vegetarian diet I've had in the last week has also been enjoyable, actually.  My wife has dug up some really good recipes and we've enjoyed the change.  As well, since she's a diabetic, her sugars have behaved better while on a vegetarian diet.

    Tonight I'll be going out for supper with my grandparents and that will be my last meal for a while.  You might think I'm crazy, but I can't wait!  There are so many benefits to be had.  And I'm going to try and document as much quantitive data as I can.

   I've read that once the brain switches from using glucogen for fuel to ketoacids, the brain's efficiency jumps to 200%.  I wish I knew of a way to accurately measure that.  To see if it changes my IQ or some sort of mental performance benchmark.

   Anyways, more to come!

Travis Penner

No comments:

Post a Comment