Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mr Negative...

  So, lately I've had friends and family defriend me, or drop me from their newsfeed on facebook.  I find it amusing that every time they do they say, "You're so negative."



   What amuses me is that it seems to be such a catchall phrase.  It's so ambiguous as to mean almost nothing.  It were better if they said, "Well, what you said here about ____ offends me." Then that's something we could work on.

   Going around and saying, "Well you're just so negative."  It gets a little worn out.

   I've tried being all sunshine and rainbows on FB, but it's absolutely exhausting.  If I have to update my FB about every frigging exciting thing that happened in my day.  I think I'd lose alot more friends than I have in the last month or two.

   Seriously, I actually DO turn off news feeds on these people.  The people who have to post every damn picture they find on the web.  Write about every frakking meal they eat.  And good god, it goes on and on.

  I COULD post, "Yay!  I packed my first box for our impending move."

  or how about "AWESOME!  I fragged 10 zombies in Left 4 Dead"

  OR even, "Great! I finished my first drawing today and it's only 8 o clock, 25 more to go! Way to go me!"

  Such incipient positivity would be overwhelming, exhausting and eventually as annoying as a 2 year old screeching through the house on full volume.

  Look - when I post, I usually post because I find it significant to me.  Yes, it may not have been a rainbow that fell out of my ass, but at least it's not foofery which some people spend oodles of time on FB posting.

  I try to shy away from politics, and for the most part, I succeed.  It does bother me, from to time, when I see such buffoonery from politicians who understand nothing about the realities of... Copyright, Patents, Piracy and Internet usage.  I guess those are my hot buttons when it comes to politics... Throw in some fiscal responsibility in there and I either post about it, or quickly drop it and try to forget about it, because it pisses me off.

   I know, I know.  I need to let it go most of the time.  This Eon is not where I belong and the one to come is going to be great and glorious.  And really - I try most of the time to focus on that.

   It's hard though.  Particularly when you live in a world where the internet is everywhere and you have some asshole in government who knows nothing about how it functions - considering how to royally butcher it.  The thing is, this is really amusing, every time some wanker tries to mess up the internet, the internet community usually finds a route around it.

    So I guess all my fury about it is... insignificant in the end.  But it still bugs me.

   I guess I'm still working toward what Paul has exhorted of us in

Phillipians 4:6-8
6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God,
7 and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus.
8 For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is grave, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is agreeable, whatever is renowned -- if there is any virtue, and if any applause, be taking these into account.

  I'm getting better at it.  Letting go and trusting that God is in control is a lifelong exercise I'm still trying to master.  Some days I do better at it than others.  Yet even in THIS, God is controlling all things.

   Thats what I love about following Christ.  Being a believer.  Is trusting that ALL things are of God.

2 Corinthians 5:18
18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,

   Now THAT is news worth posting on Facebook.

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment