Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'm baaaack!!!

OMG... Seriously, I have been away several days, but not by choice.  On Tuesday, I went to work feeling moderately discombobulated.  I felt like I had just stepped onto drydock after years at sea and was having trouble finding my landlegs.

  Wednesday morning, I woke up and my bedroom was spinning.  I shit you not.  This has got to have been the worse feeling I've ever had.  If you can't see straight, you can't drive, you can't read, you can't use a computer, you can't do ANYTHING.  I spent almost all of Wednesday lying in bed.  Sleeping and fortunately, I was able to use my phone to cruise FB and watch a little TV.  It seems a tiny screen, while lying in bed was something I COULD keep my eyes focused on.

  Thursday, I was moderately better but still seriously freaked out.  We went to the ER, just in case it was anything serious.  4 hours, 2 bags of Saline, 3 packets of drugs IV'd into me and I was still a landlubber with a terrible case of sea sickness.  After the ER visit I was wound up but totally exhausted.  A horrible horrible night's sleep ensued.  By early morning, I was groaning and crying and wishing that God would either remove this from me or strike me dead.

  One gets seriously out of sorts when sleep deprived and moderately eff'd in the head.  So... I was no exception.

  I finally did fall into an exhausted sleep, after which I felt a little bit more right in the head.  I lay on the couch most of the day.  Sick to death of watching TV.  I finally attempted some reading, which helped a little.  I fasted all day, which I believe helped alot more.  By mid afternoon, no wife or kid around, I was going batshit crazy.  I vacuumed the house, and that was the end of my strength.

   Once my wife and daughter got home, I visited with them a little and by evening they went out to visit friends and I went back to sleep for a half an hour.  That helped bring my strength up some again.

  Although by 9 I was thoroughly exhausted and needed a deep natural sleep.  I took some pills and went to bed.  For the first half of the night I was in a sort of twilight sleep.  Asleep, but not completely.  Finally by 1am exhaustion completely took over and I fell into a deep sleep of natural dreams and complete relaxation.

  I woke up this morning and my vertigo is 90% gone.  I still feel a little woozy, like you do after a couple drinks on an empty stomach, but aside from that... I'm blogging on here, bottling my beer. (which I hope I didn't let go for too too long) And will meet wife for lunch today at her work.

   Thank GOD the worst of this vertigo seems to have passed.  I'll still take it easy but I'm SO looking forward to being back at work on Monday.

  I'll write more but I thought I'd fill you in on what's happened... I haven't fallen off the face of the planet... it only felt like it for 3 days. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment