Thursday, August 8, 2013

Finally!!

Awesome, awesome news.  Our house is finally up on the market.  The MLS is listing it and hopefully it won't be long until it's sold.  We'll see how things go.

 With all that finished, I got to spend an evening with my daughter just going to the park and relaxing and spending time together.  She needed it, and I needed it too.  With the last 2.5 weeks we'd been focused on getting the house ready for sale, I'm afraid our daughter felt a little neglected.

HITTING RESET... AGAIN... AND AGAIN...AND

  So this morning I ran across this ridiculous video someone posted on facebook about the Eons.  Now, I believe in the Eonian purposes of God.  However this guy added reincarnation and the traditional mythology of Satan into it.  It became completely ridiculous and unwatchable for me after that.

  I did a little googling around and I discovered there are actually books devoted to "Christian Reincarnation".  That boggles my mind.  Not only does Hebrews 9:27 state that a man is to die once, but the recurring theme of most religions is to deny the mortality of the soul.  It amazes me what length humanity goes to believe in the immortality of the soul.

  In case you're not so sure, here are some scriptures off the top of my head;

Hebrews 9:27 And, in as much as it is reserved to the men to be dying once, yet after this a judging,

Ecclesiastes 9:5 ... the dead know nothing...

And read all of 1 Corinthians 15.

Why on earth would God condemn us to live lives in this wicked eon, over and over? What a hellish fate, one life is good enough for me in this Eon!  I want to move onto the greater one to come.  Not be subjected to this futility over and over again.

  Anyways, I don't have as much time today, I'll try and get onto more substantial writing to come.  Be well, and pray for the sale of our house!! I do hope it's done quickly.

Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment