Friday, May 17, 2013

Let There Be Blindness Among You

W00T!  It's Friday.  Fantastic Friday.  And even better a long weekend is coming up.

  Last night was nice.  My wife didn't have to work so we had a really nice family evening.  Except for the part where my daughter decided that whining was in vogue for the evening.  I will always always love my daughter... but sometimes I don't like her very much.  Last night was one of those times.  I don't know if she was tired, teething or growing pains, but everything set her off.  If she didn't get what she wanted, she would whine and cry.

   Well finally after giving her more patience than I probably should have, she had a time out.  10 minutes of wailing til she quieted down in her bedroom.

   I know... I know... One day I'm sure I'll look back on this fondly.  But when the wife ain't happy, daddy ain't happy, and kid you better start getting happy. LOL

  Anyways, it's Friday.  A friend of ours is sadly in the hospital, hopefully on the mend now.  So we'll be visiting her this weekend.  Jana will also be working.  I'll be watching Cassidy, and if the weatherman is right, it'll be raining most of the weekend.  We'll see how it goes.

Let's Have Sects


  This is going to really spin your wheels now, but here we go.  You have no free will.

  Yes, I really said that.  You have no free will.  We are completely influenced by society, by God, by evil, everything around us influences us.  Ultimately God is in control of what we see, do and understand.

  Don't believe me?  That's ok.  The Bible backs me up on this;

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart, it devises his way, Yet Yahweh, He establishes his steps.

Acts 17:28 ..in Him we are living and moving and are...

Exodus 9:12 But the Lord hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the Lord had said to Moses.

Joshua 11:20 For it was the Lord himself who hardened their hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might destroy them totally, exterminating them without mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses.

John 12:40 “He has blinded their eyes
    and hardened their hearts,
so they can neither see with their eyes,
    nor understand with their hearts,
    nor turn—and I would heal them.”

  It is God who opens our minds and our hearts to what we believe and understand.  Everything we are, everything we do is by the grace of God.  There is much more to say on this, but I'm only making these points so I can establish this; God creates these sects among us.

2 Thess 2:11-12
11 And therefore God will be sending them an operation of deception, for them to believe the falsehood,
12 that all may be judged who do not believe the truth, but delight in injustice.

  Yes, that's right.  God himself sends the lies among us.  Why does he do this?

1 Cor 11:18-19 
18 For first, indeed, at your coming together in the ecclesia, I am hearing of schisms inhering among you, and some part I am believing.
19 For it must be that there are sects also among you, that those also who are qualified may be becoming apparent among you.

  He does this so that those who really truly want the truth will seek it.

  In short, how badly do you want it?  If you are called to the Body of Christ - you will find the truth in spite of the lies that surround us.

  May you have peace and enjoy a great weekend!!

Travis Penner

No comments:

Post a Comment