Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 21

Ok sorry it's been so long.

A friend of mine wrote me and complained I haven't been keeping up on my blog.  It's nice to feel like someone's paying attention.  :)

So the last few days, I've been feeling like I've been fighting a cold.  Things have been pretty low key.  I've been keeping the house moderately clean, and pretty  much just reading the Wheel of Time Book 13 on the couch.  I'm so disapointed I'm nearly finished it... Now I have to wait one more year for the final book to come out.  I've been reading this series since 1992, and it's been a looooong time waiting for the conclusion.

Some people think Robert Jordan was just trying to squeeze every penny out of his fans.  I don't think so.  If you're a master craftsman and you want to tell the best story you can, a magnum opus that spans so many lives and so many events that culminate in one massive amazing conclusion, wouldn't you take your time and tell the tale properly?  That's what I think he did.  Of course, it's so stunningly massive that I've had to reread the series several times since it came out...  Which is why I have all the audiobooks for it.

And some books are just so jaw droppingly awesome I have to go back and reread or relisten to them all over again.  Like a delicious Thanksgiving dinner that you reheat in the microwave the day after, and delight in it all over again...  Albeit this one is almost 20 years old so it's starting to get a little moldy on some portions.


In other news...

I went to Chapters yesterday to get my A+ books to study over the next month for my exam... Which reminds me I have to call and book that.  In any case, these books are not cheap.  I'm buying two of them, the most expensive one being 75 bucks.  Thank GOD tommorow I have a coupon for 25% off.... That'll save me a good chunk of change when these books turn out to be $150 altogether after taxes.

They look interesting, I can't wait to get into them.  Maybe I'll even learn more things about computers I never knew before.

I'm in a state of disbelief at the moment... I want to be IT, but I never thought I'd get to do that.  After meeting a 23 year old girl, who's ambitious as anyone I've ever met.  She's already a successful real estate agent, owns a home of her own, and wants to move to an acreage in a few years...  It's inspired me to go after my own dreams myself.

She wants to retire young.

Which is a nice goal.  But for myself, I want to find a job that I love so much that I can't believe I'm getting paid for it.  And best of all, a job I love so much that I never want to retire.

Who knows, it may not be IT.  And it may be...  But I hope somewhere along the way I find the place where I really belong and instead of counting the days to my next cheque, or the hours to the weekend, or even worse, checking off the years to my retirement...  I want to be in a state of such bliss about what I do, that it feels like magic.

Carpe Diem!

Cadman

No comments:

Post a Comment